Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Farmer in the Dell

I was going to write about the doula meeting that I went to last night and the tension I carry around being a conservative Christian and also quite a bit "granola". I struggle with that when I have interactions with awesome people who also believe they harness the divine mother energy from the earth in their hands as they do massage--or whatever. That's really not me.

But, that is going to have to wait. It will be there another day. It is 55 degrees outside and I'm going to go harvest grapefruit, oranges, lettuce and check on the other stuff in the garden. I haven't spent enough time out there and I need a little life-giving activity. I'm not a very good gardener but I love putting my fingers in the dirt. It reminds me of God's truth, it is simple (ish), it connects me to my body and soul. What's not to like?

Anyone need some citrus?

2 comments:

Skerrib said...

Yep. Bring it when you visit. =)

I know what you mean about being a crunchy (or in my case chewy) Christian. I'm never quite sure how to respond to the mother-earth-life-force stuff.

Anonymous said...

We love citrus in Northern IN
We have had snow then rain, snow, rain makes things really muddy!
The kids say they are ready for summer! Roanna