Friday, May 16, 2008

The Recital

Remember me being brave on the first day of ballet? That was nothing compared to tonight. For tonight, my friends, was the dance recital.

I have to say, over the last 10 weeks, I have come to enjoy going to Mommy and Me ballet. It has been better exercise purchase than many. It didn't collect laundry like the exercise bike or become a cat sanctuary like the incredible-squeaking-treadmill of doom. It helps that the only equipment required was a pair of socks and the SUV (aka The Four Wheeled Diaper Bag). So, the class has been a nice time of together-ness with the four year old while getting some exercise.

But the recital? Seriously.

For the love of my daughter, I just jumped over pretend puddles in front of 100 people. In a bright red rain slicker. And smiled while doing it. Did I mention my mother, father, grandfather, husband, sister-in-law, brother-in-law, mother-in-law and father-in-law all came? And recorded the whole event. Nice.

Sure, exercise is great but I've decided to stick to working out at the YMCA. And I hear there is a nice four year old ballet class (sans mothers) starting in the fall.

Because I am a glutton for punishment, I will post a picture as soon as "the video is rendered to flash digital and the moon is over the advent horizon" (I'm pretty sure that is what my techy husband just said).

By the way, this entry is serving double purpose as entering to win a Nintendo Wii and Wii Fit super-combo-dealio from Three Kid Circus. I probably won't get it but it is worth a try.

3 comments:

Skerrib said...

You get a gold star for the day. The only thing that would've impressed me more is if you'd worn a pink tutu instead of/in addition to the bright red slicker.

Jenny said...

Man,we never had parent-child ballet, but I would have been all over that.

Suzanne said...

You get a neat costume! Lewis and I have to wear white shirts and jeans with red bandanas around our necks and striped engineer hats. Our Mommy and Me class turned out to be a Mommy and Daddy and Me class and we're performing "Down By the Station" (a tap number) this Sunday at recital.
Plus we did an outdoor performance at MayFest at the park (seen by hundreds of strangers) and a Christmas recital.
I feel your pain, Syl.