Tuesday, April 1, 2008

What was I saying?

Here's the problem with me and blogging:

I am a creative genius....in the middle of the night when I'm awake after helping a kid to the bathroom.

I am poignant and thoughtful...in the car on the way to the grocery store, work, or library story time.

I am hilarious...when both girls and cats need breakfast, there is a dirty diaper to be changed and the phone is ringing.

When I sit down at the computer, what comes out? NOTHING!! It's like my body is programmed to take any sort of down time as a cue to set my brain to "standby". You know, just in case I need it for something important like telling someone not to eat her boogers.

I've thought about carrying a pen and paper pad with me to jot down the inspired thoughts I have. But then there would be the situation of first finding the pen and paper and then realizing that someone has drawn on every page of my pad then starting and being interrupted seven times in the first sentence.

Ask me how I know this.

Let's just say doing my Bible study while the girls are awake is an act of willpower (and reading with my finger under the line so I know where I was when I was...visited).

So, I have some thoughts swirling. I even have something half written in my head. Now if I can just get out of the "power save" option....

No comments: